Your Privacy Matters
We at What Is? are fully committed to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
Data Controllers and Contracting Parties
The SamWeb Organisation will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with usage of our website.
We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our website or app, such as when you view or click on content (e.g., news articles or slideshows) or ads (on or off our sites and apps), perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use. This is purely for gaining insights into usage of our website and to help deliver a better experience to you.
Your Device and Location
When you visit or leave our website, we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our website from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
We serve you tailored ads both on our website. We offer you choices regarding personalized ads, but you cannot opt-out of seeing other ads.
We target (and measure the performance of) ads to users directly or through a variety of partners, using the following data, whether separately or bined:
- Data from advertising technologies on and off our Services, like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and device identifiers;
- Member-provided information (e.g., profile, contact information, title and industry);
- Data from your use of our Services (e.g., search history, feed, content you read, page visits, videos you watch, clicking on an ad, etc.), including as described in Section 1.3;
- Information from advertising partners and publishers
Info to Ad Providers
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers or ad networks for their advertising except for: (i) hashed or device identifiers (to the extent they are personal data in some countries); (ii) with your separate permission or (iii) data already visible to any users of the website (e.g. profile). However, if you view or click on an ad on or off our site or apps, the ad provider will get a signal that someone visited the page that displayed the ad, and they may through the use of mechanisms such as cookies determine it is you. Advertising partners can associate personal data collected by the advertiser directly from you with our cookies and similar technologies. In such instances, we seek to contractually require such advertising partners to obtain your explicit, opt-in consent before doing so.
We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you. For example, we may use your data to generate statistics about our users, their preference in sports, to calculate ad impressions served or clicked on, or to gain visitor demographics that help in improving user experience.
Security and Investigations
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our website (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of What Is?, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Change in Control or Sale
Your Personal Data
We ensure that you have complete rights and control over your personal data. You can control or modify the rights to your personal data in the following ways:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You may at any time order a plete data copy, which you may transmit to another controller of the data. Your data will be delivered within 10 working days by What Is? as spreadsheet files in Microsoft Excel-format. Logical relations between datasets will be preserved in form of unique identifiers. You are required to pay €1,000 + any applicable taxes on delivery for each data copy order.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the LinkedIn Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us here
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please contact usat [email protected]